Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Music: My Love

Definition: an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner.

Have you ever found a song or certain tunes that impacted your life so much that each time you hear it, you smile or feel at ease or maybe shed a tear?

Its amazing the affect music has to our lives. There's a song to the right of my blog, "Dreams on Fire" from Slumdog Millionaire that I play each time I write a blog. It soothes my heart and makes me realize my dreams. I have many songs that make me feel certain ways.

There are songs that remind me of a certain someone. Songs that I have "attached" to certain memories and each time I hear them, I smile. Most are happy thoughts but some are also sad once. Its amazing how a song can recreate a memory in your head... and make you smile.

Music can also describe ones mood. I think when we are sad or happy, we sometimes reach out for certain music that we can relate to. In my case, I almost always reach to my Hindi music collection when I'm down. I somehow relate to it so much.
I have realized one thing, no matter how sad I am, how happy I am or whatever mood I am in, my music is always there to relate to me and vice versa.

Do you have a certain that reminds you of a time in your life, or a certain someone? Maybe your first slow dance with your significant other, love of your life or the first song that played when one your 16th birthday or the song that one chose to play on your first date? Please share! Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...