Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Simple Pleasures: Rain

Sometimes the simple things in life give u the most pleasure. Take the sound of the rain outside on a windy night for instance. It is so soothing to the soul that nothing compares to this sound. Each raindrop as it falls miles from the sky and lands on our roof. And when the rain comes gushing down the gutters and lands on the concrete, it creates a sound of loud pounding yet, its soothes the mind. Rain is powerful. Of course, we all know the benefits of rain, but there is so much more to it. The sound it makes, the feelings it provokes, the soothness it offers. I can easily replace my headache medicine with the sounds of rain or my PM medicines that help me sleep with sounds of rain as well. As long as I can hear the rain drops on the roof, I can fall asleep quite easily. It is really soothing to me and has a very calming effect. Amazing how something so simple can have such a great effect on us.

Its time for bed now. Its raining out and I think my eyes are getting heavy. Good night. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...