Friday, March 4, 2011

Happiness comes from within....

It is said that happiness comes from within and I can vouch for this statement. When the inner self becomes aware of happiness and what is truly precious to one, it also brings this feeling of contentment and many have difficulty finding. This feeling of contentment keeps the soul satisfied, no matter how tough times may be.

If someone had told me this 2 years ago, I would have shrugged my shoulders and simply said, sure, whatever you say. But today, when I can personally feel this contentment, I must tell you, try to find it. Nobody should have the power to control your happiness. Noone! Only you... You are the only person that can control how you feel and when you get unhappy about the little things in life, you miss out on so much. People spend their lives worrying about money, reciprocal love, luxury and so much more that they miss out on the simple things. Being able to walk, to see, to smile, to smell, to breath... to live is a blessing. You don't know what you have until its gone, but why wait!?!

The past couple of years I have lost so much but today, I am truly happy. I am content with what I have. So what if I don't have a nice car or my own place, I have something that many people with materialistic luxury don't. Sounds cliche, but I have happiness and love all around me and I wouldn't have it any other way. The coolest thing about this feeling is that it will stay forever, even when I do have materialistic luxuries. Yes, there are periods when I get sad. Ofcourse, I am human. However, these periods pass along quickly and sometimes even when I am sad, I a happy. Weird I know. But many times when I get sad over things, I still have the feeling on content and whatever it is I am upset about, I know it will be fixed and if it isn't, I can still live. As long as I have my family with me and their support, I think I can live happily.

I owe a few people who helped me realize this contentment but truly, I think it was Shiv Ji who helped me realize this. He helped me attain this enlightenment because I always had faith in him, and he can't see his true devotees suffer. He wants us to be happy, and many times, we fail to realize that.

1 comment:

  1. Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without (Buddha)--I guess u discovered this already! =]

    ReplyDelete

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...