Thursday, November 11, 2010

Movie Recommendation: Shades of Ray

I just finished watching this movie Shades of Ray on Netflix. I picked it over the others because it had high ratings. Honestly, before this, I hadn't heard of this movie, but that's quite typical since I am not into movies that much. However, when I do run into something that catches my attention and I end up liking it, I like to tell people about it. So, here it is, my first movie recommendation. I really hope there is more to come, but then again, who knows.

This movie is about a half Pakistani and half white American-born Ray Rehman. It involves two women, one white and one mixed just like Ray and a journey that helps Ray find his true identity. I don't want to give away too much, but I could really relate to this movie. Many time, when immigrants come to America, they feel compelled to leave their culture, their traditions behind. I'm not blaming America for this nor am I blaming the migrants, but its something that happens inevitably. Immigrants try to hard to "fit-in" that in the process they truly forget who they are and in the long run they sometimes develop this awkwardness about their own kind. This story illustrates that very well and I think for many of those American Born Confused _______ whateer it may be, its sort of eye opening. It sort of helps many figure themselves out..

Personally, I thought it was a good movie. Zachery Levi (Ray) is quite hot and so is Sarah Shahi.  I believe she has her own show on NBC and has been in many movies. She has also been a cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys and won Miss Fort Worth USA pageant in 1997. There's much I didn't know about Sarah Shahi before researching her, but I do know that this women is gorgeous and has GREAT legs!

I hope you watch this movie and let me know what you think.... Hope ya'll enjoy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...