Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu (recipes linked)

Turkey from 2009 Thanksgiving
It's that time of the year again and I am once again, preparing the menu for Thanksgiving. The menu isn't changing much, but I will be adding a couple of things and trying a different turkey recipe this year. Excited and terrified at the same time as I have been using Alton Brown's Turkey Brine recipe for a while now. This year I will be trying the "homestyle turkey" on Allrecipes. Of course, I will be adding my own twist to the recipe as I do with all of them but after reviewing the recipe for a while, it looks great. This year we are having a 25 lb Butterball frozen turkey. I've never prepared a fresh turkey as I've read enough to convince me that during the S&H process, its very likely the bird gets bruised. I know there's a huge chance of me of being wrong because 1. I have never tried a fresh turkey and 2. each turkey differs. But, since I've been making using frozen turkeys for about 8 years now, I am sticking to it.

Herb-Roasted Chicken
 For my side dishes I will be making the classic Garlic Mashed Potatoes as usual but will make minor changes. Once the Thanksgiving "Guinea Pigs" aka my family give my "improved" recipes two thumbs up, I will post them on here. Side dish number two will be the Carmelized Onion and Cornbread Stuffing with zero changes. Only change I will making this year to the stuffing is doubling the recipe because everyone always wants more of it.


Pumpkin Pie
I'll also be making my oh so famous Balsamic Vinegar Green Beans, Corn with Ricotta Cheese, Sweet Rolls, Homemade Cranberry Sauce for dessert, I will be adding Ina Garten's Pear, Apple and Cranberry Crisp. I also want to add a sweet potato dish but haven't decided on which one yet. I also plan on making some of these dishes ahead of time so on Thanksgiving day, I am not beat. My sisters will be helping me as well and if all goes well, my mom may join us in time for Thanksgiving. If she isn't able to make it, then I guess I'll have to repeat the turkey for Christmas Dinner. Looking forward to some great cooking this holiday season. New recipes to be posted soon. 'Til then, happy cooking and eating ya'll.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...