Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The melting pot

Not a week goes by that I don't see a post or hear a comment about race, sex or gender. A comment that usually makes me wonder why people segregate so much and fall into the a weave that is hard to untangle. The world today has become a melting pot of cultures, traditions, races and ethnic backgrounds. People from many different walks of life walk amongst us and it is not up to us to judge them by their looks or their situations. It really bothers me to see people discriminate towards their own kind. Today I read a comment, "I am so done with Fijian Indians." The reason noted by this poster was, because they act like "wanna be blacks/whites." Although, I do agree that some Fijian Indians do try to be like other races, I don't see anything wrong or right with it. Each person has the right to choose who they want to be. I also think that a person should be able to accept who they are and not be ashamed of their identity. That said, I don't think its right for anyone to cluster a race together and post comments such as I hate blacks or whites blah blah yada yada.

I'm sure most of you watched that popular YouTube video by Alexandra who commented on Asians in the library. That was disturbing and while she got so much feedback and coverage, I think everyone that posts comments or videos or says things of that nature should always think twice. I've come a long way to be able to just look away from those comments, but some days it just irritates me to see shallow minded people who just cant keep their stupid comments to themselves.

I think this is more of vent then anything else. I thank you for reading. All comments are always welcome. And please remember, all I am trying to say is, We are all humans before anything else. Poor or rich, black, white or brown, skinny or fat, tall or short, gay or straight, we are ALL THE SAME! WE ARE HUMANS! Humanity comes before anything else.

4 comments:

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...