Monday, January 18, 2010

The personal effects of Haiti


Natural disasters happen almost daily around the world. Some make the news, many don't. The 7.0 magnitude earthquake that hit Haiti not too long ago certainly made the news. Its sad news but not many of us are affected by it directly. Remember 9/11? That was on American soil; so close to us. Even though not all of us lost someone in the tragic event, all of us were affected. Haiti seems the same. I think the whole world was affected by Haiti's earthquake. Hundreds of thousands of people are trying to help out in Haiti. How am I affected personally? H is there helping out.

Now, H and I already live 3000 miles away but him being in Dominican Republic to help out with Haiti is affecting me more than I imagined. I wake up in the morning thinking and praying for his safety. I haven't been able to sleep well the past couple of days because I worry if he is well. I worry if he has eaten. I worry if is got any rest. I feel like I'm being selfish. I mean there's thousands of people that are homeless and have no food or clean water and I sit here worrying about my guy's safety and well being. But I can't stop. Him being away and trying his very best to help out in Haiti is affecting me personally and directly. Sometimes I feel like getting on a plane and just making sure he is well fed and resting. Am I being selfish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...