Monday, August 30, 2010

God woke me up...

Its not normal for me to wake up before 8 am on a Monday morning... it nearly never happens. Except for today. Something woke me up at 6:28 am. I woke up and the first thing on my mind was, its Monday, I should pray. I've been trying my best to pray ever Monday at the shrine in my house. Have been doing it quite religiously (no pun intended, well maybe a little) for a long while now. It soothes me. Calms me down. And, it gives me an excuse to talk to him. The almighty.

Some find it funny that even in this day and age, I'm this religious. I'm really not nearly as religious as many others. I just know that there is a God. He/She listens and my prayers are answered. I keep saying He because I am a devotee of Lord Shiva and Lord Shiva is a male representative of God.

So, here I am on a Monday morning, a Monday morning that I don't have any classes on, awake and thinking... God, thank you for the wake up "call". Now I can go about my day peacefully and happily. Knowing that I began my morning with you. I really do love you God. I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...