Monday, December 27, 2010

Goodbye 2010... Hello 2011

So, its that time of the year again! Saying goodbye to the old and hello to the new. 2010 is coming to an end, making room for 2011! I am ready to welcome 2011. 2010, I had told myself that I would lose weight and get my educational goals in line. Well, 1 out of 2 down. I am definetly on my way to get my B.A and will be transferring to CSUS very soon! In fact, I am already accepted to CSUS for Spring 2011. I am excited.

In the process of educational goals, I did however, fail to lose weight. Infact, the last few months, I have let it all go. I may have gained rather then loosing. So, in 2011, I want to dedicate my blog and myself to loosing weight, sharing recipes, sharing my successes and failures and just motivating anyone out there looking to lose some pounds while maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

So here is my first recipe to start in endeavor off!

Lemony, Herby Salmon 

Ingredients
2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
1/8 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon minced fresh herb (your choice)
4 lemon slices (about 1 lemon)
1/8 cup lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
1/4 cup Marsala wine (or white wine)
2 pieces of aluminum foil

Directions:

Brush top and bottom of salmon fillets with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and herbs. Place each piece of seasoned salmon on a piece of foil large enough to fold over and seal. Top the each piece of salmon with 2 lemon slices, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of wine. Wrap up salmon tightly in the foil packets.

Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Place the foil packets on the hot grill and cook for 10 minutes for a 1-inch thick piece of salmon. Serve in the foil packets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...