Monday, March 14, 2011

Gardening 2011

Yes! Its that time of the year yet again! Spring is in the air (almost) and the garden is being prepared already! I have seeds started indoors (some of which are already seedlings!), the garden is worked and I already have some early crops in.

I already stared onions sets, bokchoy, and potatoes outside. Now, I still have the true potatoes seeds (not tubers) from last year and I will be planting those in a deep pot this year as an experiment. Last year, I learned so much from my gardening experience and this year, I plan to start everything from seeds. I have a TON of seeds! I am so excited about this years garden. I plan to have carrots, onions, potatoes, eggplants, okra, scarlet runner beans, hestia beans, yard long beans, cowpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes (a few varieties), sage, cilantro, radishes, bitter melon, watermelon, peppers (many varieties), bokchoy, kai choy, amarath (choraiya), garlic, and a few other crops I can't think of. I also plan on getting a blueberry plant and planting ground cherries. I am looking forward to my thorn-less blackberries! I really hope we get a few :) This year is going to be great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...