Sunday, March 20, 2011

An old-fashioned lifestyle

Today I had the pleasure of reading a young woman's blog who lives a very old-fashioned lifestyle and to tell you the truth, it was very inspiring. We pay so much attention to the details that we forget to enjoy the simple things in life. After reading the blog, I also realized that I do many things that are quite old fashioned as well. Growing a vegetable garden, utilizing an open fire for some cooking, baking breads are just some of the things that I consider old fashioned. I love the idea of picking my own herbs right outside my kitchen and picking apples to make a delicious pie. Making homemade jam is simply divine and quite therapeutic. I enjoy all of these things. I dislike the hustle of life and how things are so fast. I think that if the world  just slowed down a little bit, everyone would enjoy life a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...