Saturday, July 9, 2011

Easy Mango Lassi (Mango Smoothie)

I'm pretty blessed when it comes to free fruit. Just a couple of days ago, my best friend brought me a box of mangoes. The box had about 10-12 ripe mangoes, some of which were almost overly ripe. I had a few of the mangoes for dessert the past couple of days but I was sure that I wouldn't be able to finish it all so today, I made Mango Lassi to cool everyone down. I also sliced some of the mangoes and froze them. Prior to today, I hadn't had Lassi (yogurt drink) before and wasn't sure if I would like it, but decided to give it a shot anyway. Its a great way to get your daily dairy and fruit intake. Here is the recipe I used. I did freeze some mango slices the last time I had them in abundance so I used some frozen mangoes in place of ice.

Ingredients:

2 whole mangoes, peeled and sliced
2 mango sliced and frozen
1 container low fat vanilla yogurt (6oz)
1/2 cup plain yogurt 
2 cups milk
*1 cup crushed ice
*if your mangoes aren't sweet, then you can add some sugar or honey* (mine were plenty sweet)

Directions (super simple)

Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. This makes 4-5 servings. I actually didn't add the ice until the lassi was totally blended. I added the lassi over ice to keep it cool and the ice melted, it become more liquid and it was super easy to slurp it up! I will be making fruit lassi a lot more now! Delicious and healthy drink. Very refreshing for a hot day.

2 comments:

  1. I have a few Mangos to eat up too! Im going to be making Mango Hot Sauce with serranos from the garden. May the canning begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good! Mango Hot Sauce! yummmmmm.... I might have to give that a shot too!

    ReplyDelete

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...