Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Easy Apple Pie

Today when I walked into our kitchen, I noticed that our fruit bowl was full of apples. We bought a few bags full of apples a few weeks ago for a prayer service at our house. Well, we still had a lot of apples left so I decided to make an apple pie. I found a recipe online that I altered to my likings. The recipe itself is amazing and I am definitely going to keep this for the holidays! Its so easy that you can make this during the week very easily! I used store bought pie crust, but I only had one so my apple pie, as you see below, is open faced :) More of a saucy tart. I took a little "scoop" of it and it is DELICIOUS! I had to share the recipe with everyone.

Ingredients:
-6 medium Gala/Fuji apples (you can  use any apple you like, I had these on hand & they worked out well!)
- 2  (9 inch) pie crusts
-1/2 c butter
-3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
-1/4 c water
-1/2 c white sugar
-1/2 c packed brown sugar
-1 tsp cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
3. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. (or leave it open if you only have one pie crust >.<) Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
4. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 45-60 minutes, until apples are soft.
5. Let pie completely cool before serving. Tastes amazing with vanilla ice-cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...