Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Helping Hand

“If two friends ask you to judge a dispute, don't accept, because you will lose one friend; on the other hand, if two strangers come with the same request, accept because you will gain one friend. “
--Saint Augustine

I am not a great human being nor am I a saint, but I do try to do my part in making this world a better, happier place to live. Throughout the many years of pain and agony I have experienced as a human being, I have learned one wise lesson. Helping others in time of need makes your heart lighter.

I'm not sure if you can relate to this but whenever I help someone I feel good about myself. It’s that feeling you get inside. Yes, I did some good today. For example: helping a blind person cross the road. That’s rather cliché but yes, many of us do that. I have before. But I have also done the simpler things like helping a drunk friend get food in his mouth because he didn't know how to.

Each time I have helped another, the feeling of goodness is never more than the first time nor is it less. Today, I helped out a total stranger but in doing so, I gained a friend. That’s a great feeling in itself.

So, remember, the next time you see someone having difficulty crossing the road or even trying to carry groceries out to their car, lend a helping hand. Then tell me how it felt. I'm eagerly waiting to know your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...