Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Smile

I was watching parts of the Michael Jackson tribute online and I heard Brooke Shields mention the song "Smile" by Charlie Chaplin to be MJ's favorite song. Now, I've never really heard the song but when she mentioned the lyrics, I felt like I wanted to at least look it up. So here are the lyrics:

Smile
tho'
your heart is aching,
Smile
Even though it's breaking,
When there are clouds in the sky- You'll get by,
If you
Smile through your fear and sorrow,
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through- For you.
Light up your face with gladness,
Hide ev'ry trace of sadness,
Altho' a tear may be ever so near,
That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile- What's the use of crying,
You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
If you just smile.

Those are the best words I have read for a long time! Its true. A smile is the cure for many things. It lights up your face, gives you a natural glow! When you smile you feel sorrow free for that moment. Just like the lyrics, it feels like the clouds are breaking through! Even if someone is having a bad day when you smile at them, they mostly smile back. I even read somewhere that when you smile, you can improve your mood. Now that's free therapy.

So, the next time you feel down or blah! just smile or look for someone who is smiling at you so you can force a smile. Do something for yourself. Improve your mood.

PS: I have been told that I have a rather pretty smile... I get a lot of free therapy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...