Sunday, July 5, 2009

Life

I went from working in an office to cleaning one.

Life has been a rollercoster for me. I'm sure it's been that way for many people but I can only write about mine.

Life was good before I went to India. I had an okay paying job which enabled me to pay rent and for my car. All that ended when my arranged marriage was arranged.

I left for India on May 8th. I was supposed to get married to this stranger on June 1st, 2009 and return home on June 28th. While there he was going to pay for everything here.

Things weren't what I anticipated once I got to India. To cut a long story short, let's just say I came home single and earlier then planned. Once I came back, the problems began.

I was jobless and broke. Rent was due, car payment was due and life hadn't paused just because things weren't going as planned. I had to get up and do something fast!

I started applying for Pharmacy Technician jobs right away. (I'm a nationally certified Pharmacy Tech) After about 2 weeks, I started applying for administrative work as I have experience in that field. Its been 6 weeks since I returned from India and I must have applied for at least 100 jobs but I haven't gotten one call back.

Rent was still due and so were bills. Finding no other option, I asked my brother for help. He in turn told me that he has a couple of accounts for janitorial work. I have never cleaned a building in my life but having no other option, I agreed.

Its exhausting and a lot of hard work. Let me just tell you, I have a lot of respect for Custodians and Janitors now. They work their behinds off! I'm still looking for work, still applying daily but still haven't received any calls back. But I'm not giving up hope.

Working as a Janitor made me more humble. Made me realize what life is all about and most importantly, it made me go back to school to earn my Bachelors so I can have an education to back me up. Don't get me wrong, I am educated now but not as much as I want to be. But thanks to cleaning offices, I am back to being a student with high hope of working in an office again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...