Sunday, February 7, 2010

Honeymoon Phase

Relationships start off so well. Two people, totally in love. All mushy and lovey dovey. Always looking to steal a kiss or just a glimpse of their dearly beloved. Just a look from them flaps butterflies in your stomach uncontrollably. Holding hands, pecking cheeks ... laying down together... every moment spent together is heavenly...

Then slowly things fade away. The kisses slowly fade. The hugs disappear. The pecks dissipate. And the stomach looses the butterflies. Fights begin. Quarrels become a norm. The I love you's diminish and nothing is ever the same.  Why does that happen? Why can't relationships stay in the "honeymoon" phase forever.

My goal is to keep my relationship with him in the "honeymoon" phase until the end. Whenever that might be. I will try my best to make each day as if it were the first day. Yes, it will be difficult, but I will try to keep the spark inside us alive forever. And if one day I feel that the spark is no longer either; either with him or me, I will leaver. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...