Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Things learned

This week has been somewhat of an eye-opener for me. I have learned some new facts about myself. 

1. My migraines are caused by a mixture of stress and sleep-deprivation. Therefore, according to medical experts, I need to get at least 8-9 hours of restful sleep so I can rest my body. At the moment, I usually get 2 hours of restful sleep every night and the rest of the time, I am half way sleeping because I have a 2 year old next to me.
2. I don't drink enough water. I learned this the hardest way. While on a drug test, I couldn't pee. At all. Although I have chugged a 16 oz. bottle of water before leaving the house, my body wasn't getting rid of the excess water, because I was quite dehydrated. So, while at Accudiagnostics, I drank 8 glasses of water while browsing through magazines and 2 hours later, I was able to urinate. The lab technician said that it looked like I needed to intake more fluids. Go figure! Today, I drank 4 glasses of water and 4 cups of black tea.
3. I am pre-hypertensive. Nothing to be alarmed about but it sure does raise a red flag for me. I need to watch my sodium intake and take care of my health. Something I usually put on the back burner. Maybe I should do something about this. Hmph...
4. I need a spa day badly. I am worn out, both physically and mentally. There are days when I just want to lock myself in the room and sit doing absolutely nothing. Although to the outside world it may not seem as if I am a busy person, I have quite a lot on my plate. Between school and home, I wear myself out. When I am at home, I am usually running around taking care of Ashrika or the dogs or someone else who needs my assistance. My goal is to find at least 1 hour daily to myself.

So there are four things that aren't quite pleasant facts to learn about myself, however, it is reality and I need to face them sooner rather then later. I am really looking forward to summer so I can exercise outdoors and get some yummy veggies in my diet so I can be a little healthier. I wish I was more motivated about my health though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...