Sunday, November 13, 2011

Homemade Lip Balm

With the cold weather that we have been having, I have been needing lip balm more often now. I usually use burts bees or carmax but I was out of both and honestly, was too lazy to go to the store. I also tend to lose a lot of those pricey lip balms because my niece likes to play with them. So I decided to find a way to make my own lip balm at home. We always have petroleum jelly at home so this lip balm was very easy to make!





Ingredients:

1-2 tsp Petroleum Jelly
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp Almond oil (or any other essential oil you have/want)
couple of drops of peppermint extract
a little piece of beeswax *optional*

Melt petroleum jelly and bees wax (if using) in the microwave for about 2 mins, stirring at 30 second intervals. once the mixture is completely melted, add all the other ingredients and mix well with a fork. Make sure all the ingredients are nicely incorporated. Pour in a clean jar/container and refrigerate until mixture solidifies.

This lip balm is easy and it works! keeping my lips nice and soft. You can experiment with the "flavors" by using different oils. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricotta Cheese & Protein Powder Pancakes: 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup light Ricotta Cheese 2 eggs 2 tablespoons vanilla whey (I use Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder) 2.5 Tab...